6.22.2011

likeness #1

LIKENESS will be an ongoing series of little posts depicting people from my life or past. Friends I wish to honor, ones I love, interesting strangers, customers who have really burnt my biscuits, these simplistic renderings are of you. I am compiling these images for a zine project, but thought they looked sweet and fun  in this format as well.  

Mean man who sent back his creme brulee because it was BURNT on top, you are depicted. Mean lady who yelled at me because the delicious glass of rose wine I sold you did not taste like ROSES, you are depicted too! I have always used my sketchbooks as therapy to secretly spite the likes of you who I am embroiled in battle with daily (simply trying to give you dinner), however you are not the main focus. Interestingly, as simple as the renderings are, I feel the emotions I have towards the subject, positive or negative, come across very clearly.

If you are viewing this then you are probably a current or future friend (hi!), and therefore do not be surprised if you recognize yourself! xoxo. I have scanned back into the archives for this little project, and there are hundreds involved. Starting with the self...
hello.

1 comment:

  1. I have loved looking at your drawings since 4th grade. Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete